1/2 C margarine (I use Gold n Soft or Blue Bonnet)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
( 1 tsp pure vanilla if desired)
3-4 smaller bananas - mashed
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
chopped pecans or other nuts if you desire 1/2 cup or so- I don't measure, just throw in a handful or two.
Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add bananas (confession- I just throw them in and let the mixer mash them) vanilla if desired, milk, and lemon juice. After those ingredients are mixed in well, add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I add these separate from the flour so that they get a better chance to fully incorporate instead of using the sifting method. Then, add the flour and nuts (if you are).
Bake in a 8 x 8 cake/brownie pan- at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes. Or you can bake in a loaf pan for banana bread and you would need to bake it for an hour.
For a 9x13 pan, double the recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment