Friday, March 19, 2010

DR's Spaghetti

I will share with you the approximate recipe for the DR's spaghetti. I say approx because he never measures anything- he just dumps and tastes.

Start with 1 - 2 pounds of ground beef, sliced mushrooms, and 1 onion, chopped; seasoned with salt, garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper and browned and drained.

Then add 2 cans of Italian styled stewed tomatoes per pound of meat, then 1 or 2 cans of tomato sauce. Approx 2 tsp minced garlic, and 1 green pepper, chopped. Here comes the dump and taste part. He adds generous amounts of ketchup, and then seasons with Italian seasoning. Oh- and sugar. I never participate in this part- so I can't even guess for you. ( I prefer sugarless- but hey- he is doing the cooking so I am not about to complain).

He then lets it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, letting some of the liquid reduce.

Serve over any sort of pasta noodles. It is a thick, chunky sauce full of protein and veggie goodness. If you have leftovers, you could add some mustard and worcestershire sauce and call it sloppy joes.


It has taken my patients some time to grow up enough to like it, but they love it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment