Friday, March 19, 2010

Sour Cream- Chicken Enchiladas

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas-

1 pint sour cream
2 10 oz cream of Chicken soup
can of diced green chilis
1-2 lbs of chicken (breast or thighs) cooked and chopped
grated cheese- Cheddar, Monterrey jack-
flour tortillas


You can do this one of two ways- individually rolled enchiladas, or casserole style- I usually prefer casserole style- so-

You mix the sour cream, c of c soup, and chilis together. You put a thin layer in the bottom of your casserole dish, then you tear the tortillas into smaller pieces and lay them solid across the pan. You then layer chicken, sauce mix, grated cheese, tortilla pieces, chicken, sauce mix, grated cheese, tortillas, sauce mix, grated cheese- I usually can't get more than two layers with chicken, but if you have a deep pan, you might. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until heated well throughout.

If you have a non-cheese eater like I do, then you might want to do the individual enchiladas- start the same up to putting some sauce in the pan, then take a tortilla, place about 2 TBS chicken, some cheese, and a little of the sauce- make some without the cheese and place those to one side of the pan. When the pan is full, cover with remaining sauce and top with grated cheese. Cook the same.

You can also leave the chilis out of the sauce and sprinkle on a layer of them separately, but I am all for faster and easier- I also sneak cheese in the casserole version by only using Monterrey Jack- what he doesn't see- he eats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment