This recipe belongs to my sister- the real nurse in her big girl job. And make sure to make it when you are not counting calories or anything-
Blackened Chicken Fettuccine
Garlic Cream Sauce:
3/4 CUBE Butter
3 cloves of garlic- minced
1 1/2 QT of whipping cream
kosher salt/ pepper to taste
8 oz grated REAL Parmesan cheese- divided
Melt Butter in heavy pan over medium low heat, saute garlic. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce by about 10 % or so. Add 1/3 of the cheese.
Meanwhile:
1 lb of boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
Cajun seasoning blend.
dredge one side of the chicken in the cajun seasoning and cook on both sides in a frying pan while the sauce is cooking. When cooked, either slice or cube the meat (sliced is fancier for company :) )
Prepare desired pasta- fresh fettuccine, or dried works fine too- you can use other pasta that you may like better.
When the cream sauce is ready, and the noodles have been cooked and drained, place in a serving bowl (large) and toss with the cream sauce (it will thicken some) then layer with the Chicken, sliced olives, chopped tomatoes, cooked and chopped Bacon, remaining Parmesan cheese- and - if you like- mushrooms, peas, whatever suits your fancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this idea of a recipe blog! I'm in need of some good recipes so I can start learning how to cook. And you cooked some really good food when I stayed with you guys so I know these recipes will be great! :)
ReplyDelete