Friday, March 19, 2010

Taco Soup

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 15oz can Tomatoes (I use mexican flavored- diced or stewed)
1 15 oz can corn
1 can of Chili
1 can of Kidney Beans
1 onion - Chopped
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 C Water
1 small can green Chilies (opt)

For Garnish- Sour Cream, grated cheese, tortilla chips- or Frito-s Scoops which is our favorite.

Brown and drain hamburger. Place in the crock pot. Open all the canned goods and WITHOUT draining, dump them all into the crock pot. Add water, chopped onion, and taco seasoning. Cook in crock pot at least one hour on high-

Now for the Looney Bin variations. I usually double everything- except for the chili and Chilies, but it depends on how many I am feeding and how hot they like their food. My girlies don't like spicy too much so I keep it on the mild side and the DR can doctor it up with tabasco or one of the other hot sauces in our possession.

When I am doubling it up- I will use one of each kind of tomatoes, and sometimes black beans for one of the cans of beans. I never double the chili- well- because- you don't want to be around the oldest patient after chili. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment