1 Red Bell Pepper-diced
2 Tomatoes-diced
1 Cucumber-diced
1 Green Bell Pepper-diced
Mushrooms (optional)diced
Avocado (optional)diced
Thin Spaghetti
Small Twisted pasta (I used to use jiffies but I can't find them any more- so I use rotini but I don't like it as well update- there is a thin spiral pasta called quick cooks that just came out and they are just like the jiffies)
Chicken Breast- cooked and diced
1 - 2 bottles of Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing
Cook Chicken in frying pan until cooked through. After dicing all the vegetables, put them in a very large bowl. Cook noodles acording to package- this is a variable- because you need enough pasta to balance out the salad- but not too much- so I usually start with about 4 oz each, and I break the spaggetti into at least half or thirds in length before I cook it. After noodles are cooked, rinse with cold water. Shake off excess water and add to bowl with veggies and chicken.
Adding the dressing depends on when you are going to serve it. If it is going to be a little while, I will add some to keep it from sticking together, and then add more right before serving. The dressing is to taste- but it always takes more than one bottle, unless it is a huge bottle-
I don't use the mushrooms and avocado very often- because they will go mushy in the leftover salad- plus I don't like avocado at all but the DR does. You could just have some in a separate bowl for those who want to have them, and then it wouldn't mush in the salad. You can also leave out the chicken if you want- but it makes a full meal salad, perfect for the hot summer-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment