Salsa-
The basis for this Recipe comes from my friend Melani in Auburn Washington. I have adapted it to my family a little.
16 C peeled and mashed tomatoes
2-3 jalapeno peppers (more if you like it hot)
10-12 yellow peppers (look like jalapenos)
5 bell peppers- diced
3 large onions- diced
6-8 large cloves of garlic- minced
2 1/8 C Cider Vinegar
2 1/2 TB Salt
1 to 1 and 1/2 C sugar ( I personally like my salsa sugarless- but the DR insists- I use as little as I can get away with :0 )
Cook tomatoes for a minimum of 15- 20 min. The thicker you like your salsa, the longer you want to cook and reduce the liquid level. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours (longer if you want it thicker)
Put in jars and process in a boiling water bath according to jar sizes- 15 minutes for 1/2 pint, 20 minutes for pints and 30 minutes for quarts.
This amount makes approx 12 pints- give or take depending on how thick you let it reduce.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment