Italian Meatball Soup from TXMOMMY and adjusted by me
48 oz Swanson's low sodium chicken broth
2 cans Hunts Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Oregano, Garlic
lots of meatballs- about 7-8 per person I was feeding (bag of frozen from Cost-co)
1 1/2 cups (dry) mini wagon wheel pasta (original had bowtie)
(the original called for 5 oz of fresh spinach)
Parmesan Cheese
Heat meatballs ( I used the microwave- the original said to bake them in the oven)
Meanwhile- mix the Chicken Broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until tender, adding the meatballs (and spinach if so desired) towards the end of the cooking time.
Top if you like with Parmesan cheese.
It was very good!
EDIT: I like to cook once and eat twice, so you can halve this recipe- and I might suggest that you cook the noodles separately, then put some in each bowl and ladle in the liquid after, that way you don't have disintgrated noodles in your leftover soup. I have several larger appetites that I feed- and I had enough leftovers for three people-
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment